Paul I. Menes
Paul I. Menes is AV-rated (Preeminent) and the Co-Head of Entertainment and Media at ADLI Law Group.
He provides “Creative Solutions for Creative People”, to his clients in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia. What are “Creative Solutions”? One example is that Paul writes contracts that work. In over 35 years as a transactional lawyer, Paul has never had a contract he’s written litigated–except once. And, his client won.
“Creative Solutions” involve Paul bringing his unique background, philosophy, and over 35 years’ experience to our practice. This philosophy sets him apart from other entertainment and media lawyers.
Paul’s background is unique because:
- Paul’s a transactional lawyer with a business mindset. He’s always focused on his clients’ overall, long term objectives, not just on the individual transactions or matters that form only a part of them. This business mindset comes in part from Paul’s practical experience on the business and creative side of entertainment and media projects. He understands how the delicate balance between these elements needs to be accommodated in a deal/contract.
- He was a business, copyright, and trademark litigator for over fifteen years. This taught him what can go wrong with contracts and ways to prevent it.
- Paul’s always represented clients in many facets of an industry. So, he has a global view and unique understanding of how all the moving parts of a deal need to interact for a client to be successful in it and how to structure, write and negotiate deals accordingly.
To see Paul’s Philosophy click HERE
Prior to joining ADLI Law Group, Paul was principal attorney at his own practice, Menes Entertainment and Media Law, as well as a name partner or principal in other firms.
Paul is a member of the California, Los Angeles County, and Beverly Hills Bar Associations, and speaks, writes and is interviewed or quoted often. Examples include Entertainment Law and Finance, The Financial Times, World Virtual Reality Forum, The Knowledge Group, MUSEXPO, L.A. Times, Associated Press, Digital L.A., The Recorder, Digital Music News, Clear Law Institute, and several law schools, legal and business conferences.
To access Paul’s Just Sayin’ . . . TM blog click here!
Areas of Practice:
- Digital Media Law
- Entertainment Law
- Branding and Trademark Law
- Copyright Law
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.A., 1980
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1976
- California, 1981
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1981
Awards & Honors:
- Individual Award – Creative Lawyer of the Year in California, US – Corporate INTL Global Awards 2017
- Individual Award – Creative Lawyer of the Year in California, US – Global 100 – 2017
- Peer Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability – Martindale-Hubbel – 2017
- AV Preeminent, Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence – Martindale-Hubbel – 2003 – 2017
- “Some Reality Show Stars Don’t Know Rights From Wrong…Or, Do They?” – published in The Recorder on September 27, 2017