Paul I. Menes
Paul I. Menes is AV-rated (Preeminent) and the Co-Head of Entertainment and Media at ADLI Law Group.
He provides “Creative Solutions for Creative People”, to his U.S. and international clients.
What are “Creative Solutions”? Paul bringing his unique background, philosophy, and over 35 years’ experience to his practice. This philosophy sets him apart from other entertainment and media lawyers. One example is that Paul writes contracts that work. In over 35 years as a transactional lawyer, Paul has never had a contract he’s written or rewritten litigated–except once. And, his client won.
Another is that Paul has practical experience on the business and creative side of entertainment and media projects. He understands how the delicate balance between the creative and business/legal elements needs to be accommodated in a deal/contract, and how all the moving parts of a deal need to interact, for it to be a success for his clients.
Paul speaks, writes and is interviewed or quoted often. Examples include Entertainment Law and Finance, The Financial Times, Bloomberg, Influencer Entrepreneur Forum, The Knowledge Group, MUSEXPO, L.A. Times, Associated Press, Digital L.A., Entrepreneur magazine, his “Just Sayin’ . . . TM blog, The Recorder, Digital Music News, L.A. Fashion Week, Clear Law Institute, and several law schools, legal and business conferences.
Areas of Practice:
- Digital Media Law
- Entertainment Law
- Branding and Trademark Law
- Copyright Law
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.A., 1980
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1976
- California, 1981
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1981
Awards & Honors:
- Individual Award – Creative Lawyer of the Year in California, US – Corporate INTL Global Awards 2017
- Individual Award – Creative Lawyer of the Year in California, US – Global 100 – 2017
- Peer Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability – Martindale-Hubbel – 2017
- AV Preeminent, Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence – Martindale-Hubbel – 2003 – 2017
- Individual Award – Leaders in Intellectual Property Law 2017 – Acquisition International 2017 Global Excellence Awards
- Individual Award – AV Preeminent, Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards – Martindale-Hubbel – 2018
- “Some Reality Show Stars Don’t Know Rights From Wrong…Or, Do They?” – published in The Recorder on September 27, 2017
- “A Startup Will Stop If It Doesn’t Own Its IP” – published in Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, January 2018 (Print Only)