Drew Sherman is a Co-Head of Entertainment and Media with ADLI Law Group.
His main focus is civil, entertainment and intellectual property litigation and transactions. Prior to joining ADLI Law Group, Mr. Sherman has gained over 10 years of experience. He has earned his legal experience through owning his own practice, as well as utilizing his legal expertise at multiple other Los Angeles based entertainment firms. Mr. Sherman has spent his career representing entertainment industry clients, such as producers, production companies, artists, agencies, and distributors in all aspects of the television, recording, modeling, and motion picture industries. His work also includes transactional and litigation matters involving film and television financing, domestic and international television and film distribution, literary options, contract interpretation, copyrights and trademarks, idea submissions, “shopping agreements,” net profit and royalty accountings, television syndication, musical rights and licensing, and rights of publicity. Mr. Sherman has extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property and entertainment case management from inception through post-trial briefs.
Mr. Sherman believes that comprehensive and transparent transactional work at the beginning of a venture to avoid future litigation and negative impressions is the key to a successful entertainment partnership; thus being precisely what he provides. However when a judicial remedy is necessary, Mr. Sherman zealously defends his clients’ rights and aggressively prosecutes for what is just.
Mr. Sherman is a member of the California, Los Angeles County and Beverly Hills Bar Associations. He can also regularly be heard as a legal contributor to the Jim Daniels Show on NBC Sports Radio. Click Here to listen to Mr. Sherman appear on Sports on Tap, Sunday mornings, on 95.5 KLOS, Los Angeles’ biggest classic rock station, speaking about the legal aspects of current events in amateur and professional sports.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Colorado, B.S. in Political Science, 2000, minors in Early 20th Century American History and Theatre
- California, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Game Changer of the Year (Media/Entertainment), 2016
- Top 10% in the USA, Lawyers of Distinction, 2017
- “How Paparazzi Laws Have Changed Since Princess Diana’s Death” – quoted in the Yahoo Celebrity News article on August 30th, 2017
- “Does NFL’s ‘Reasonable Person’ Standard Go Long?” – published in Law360 on October, 27, 2017
- “Kaepernick Lawsuit Could Permanently Bench the NFL Privilege” – published in Sports Litigation Alert on December 22, 2017
- “Kapernick’s Suit Against NFL: An Academic Exercise?” – published in Law360 on January 26, 2018