Charles D. Ferrari
Charles D. Ferrari is a Senior Associate at ADLI Law Group.
Mr. Ferrari’s main focus is on transactional work in addition to business, real estate, construction defect, environmental and toxic tort litigation. With 30 years of experience as an attorney, Mr. Ferrari possesses the uncommon blend of vast litigation experience with an extensive general business background. Armed with a degree in economics and years of experience as a restaurant owner and supermarket manager, Mr. Ferrari successfully served as a general counsel for a NASDAQ-traded corporation and related entities. Later, as general counsel for the Oregon State agencies, advising them on all aspects of their operations from regulation promulgation and rule enforcement to employment issues and contract procurement/enforcement. But Mr. Ferrari transcends the traditional role of business counsel, providing litigation representation in all judicial and administrative forums.
His representation has ranged from class action and complex commercial and environmental cases to limited jurisdiction premises liability cases and administrative hearings, successfully arguing appellate cases such as Resolution Trust Corp. v. Rossmoor Corp. (1995) 34 Cal.App.4 th 93, Ryan v. Lustre-Cal (2014) WL 7384613, McCormick v. San Pedro Bait Co., Inc. (2009) WL 4801962 and the federal district court decision, Ameripride Services, Inc. v. Valley Industrial Service, Inc. (2007 E.D. Cal.) WL 656850. He also has successfully briefed numerous 42 U.S.C. section 1942 and other constitutional issues in California and Oregon.
Mr. Ferrari is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California and Oregon, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a graduate of California State University- Northridge and holds a juris doctorate from University of California-Davis School of Law.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil and Regulatory aspects of Marijuana Law
- Corporate and Business Transactions and Litigation, including Trade Secret Litigation
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Defect Litigation
- University of California, Davis School of Law, 1987
- California State University-Northridge, Bachelor of Arts, 1983
- California State Bar 1987
- Oregon State Bar 1992 (Inactive)
- National Cannabis Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Italian American Lawyers Association
- Cannabis Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Environmental Section of the California State Bar