Adli Law Litigation Team Heads to Trial for TEK Corporation
This week Dr. Adli is leading the Adli Law Group litigation team in a patent trial in Federal Court in...
Patent Jury Trials
Patent claimants, or patentees, fare better than alleged patent infringers with juries than they do with...
Avoid Legal Troubles As a Small Business Owner
Dr. Adli will be on the air with Austin Hill for “Austin Hill’s Big World of Small Business”...
What is the purpose of your company? Put all the details in your business plan
The first step we discuss with our clients is making sure that they have an effective business plan....
Which business contract is the right one for you?
When first establishing a new business it’s important to identify and create the necessary business...
Submit a Topic Proposal
Want more general information about a topic? Submit your request here to have Adli Law Group, P.C. consider your blog topic request.
SUCCESSFUL PATENT LITIGATIONS
• Bard Peripheral Vascular, Inc. v. W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc., No. 2010-1510 (Fed. Cir. June 14, 2012)
• SEALANT SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, INC. and ACCESSORIES MARKETING, INC. v. TEK GLOBAL S.R.L. and TEK CORPORATION United States District Court – Northern District of California – San Jose Division – Case No. 11-CV-774-PSG (Lead Case)
• HYDRODYNAMIC INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD, v. GREEN MAX DISTRIBUTORS, INC., DOES 1-50 United States District Court – Central District – Western Division – Case No. 2:12-CV-05058 ODW (JEMx)
• JAMES J. BRADDOCK v. ANGELINA JOLIE, GK FILMS, FILM DISTRICT, SCOUT FILM and EDIN SARKIC
• Won a judge trial and $3.3 million for plaintiff QBAS Co., Ltd., et al. v. CWIC, et al, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (case no. SACV 10-0406) [6/14/11]
• Won a jury trial for Defendant Direct Tire & Wheel, in Mobile Hi-Tech Wheels v. Direct Tire & Wheel, Inc., U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (case no.
• Kaneka Corporation v. Xiamen Kingdomway (C.D. CA 2009)-Successfully represented plaintiff in patent infringement suit brought against multinational company resulting in a favorable settlement on behalf of the plaintiff.
•Beyond Cell Electronics Inc. v. EMAX Wireless, Inc. et al (C.D. CA 2009)-Successfully represented defendant in copyright and trade dress infringement lawsuit by obtaining favorable settlement of the case.
• Nike Inc. v. Janine Rascon et at 2:07-cv-00551 (C.D. CA 2008)-Successfully represented defendant in trademark infringement lawsuit brought by a national sports shoe manufacturer by obtaining a favorable settlement for the defendant.
• Cummins-Allison Corp. V. Glory, Ltd., 2005 WL 711991 (N.D. Ill. 2006)]-Represented defendant in winning motion for partial summary judgment of non-infringement.
• Cummins-Allison Corp. V. Glory, Ltd. 2005 WL 3408029 (E.D. Texas 2005) and Cummins-Allison Corp. v. Glory, Ltd. 457 F. Supp. 2d 843 (N.D. Ill. 2006)-Represented defendant in successful Markman proceedings.
•Inshida Co., Ltd. V. Taylor, 112 Fed. Appx. 55 (Fed. Cir. 2004) Federal Circuit Court of Appeals-Helped successfully defend packaging company in appeal of District Court’s non-infringement decision to the Federal Circuit.
• Cummins-Allison Corp. v. Glory Ltd., 2003 WL 355470 (N.D. Ill. 2003) and 2003 WL 22125212 (N.D. Ill. 2003)-Successfully defended currency processing manufacturer in preliminary injunction proceedings and in the appeal of the decision to the District Court.
• ASUSTek Computer, Inc. and ASUS Computer International (ITC proceeding 337-TA-628)-Successfully defended ASUSTek against infringement claims in USITC related to power supplies, variable speed fans, and network address port translation.
• ASUSTek Computer, Inc. v. IBM Corp. No. 08-cv-602 (S.D. Cal.)-Helped represent ASUSTek in patent litigation relating to storage area networks and blade server technology. Case settled favorably while summary judgment motions were pending.
• ASUSTek Computer, Inc. and ASUS Computer International v. IBM(N.D. Cal.)-Helped represent ASUSTek concerning products implementing power supplies, variable speed fans, and Network Address Port Translation; successfully obtained stay of case after a year into litigation, and case subsequently settled favorably.
• Harari v. Hollmer (Real Parties in Interest: San Disk v. Spansion) (Interference No. 105,606)-Managed patent interference action involving flash memory technology for Spansion at the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences. Successfully invalidated Sandisk’s claims as lacking written description support, resulting in dismissal of the interference.
• Harari v. Hollmer (Real Parties in Interest: San Disk v. Spansion) (Appeal No. 2009-1406)–Handled the appeal of Patent Interference No. 105,606 filed by Sandisk at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
• Fujitsu Limited, et al. v. Nanya Technology Corp., et al. (Case No. C-06-6613 CW) (Northern District of California)– Represented Nanya Technology Corp. in patent litigation involving 18 patents encompassing DRAM technology.
• Boyce et al. v. 24 Hour Fitness et al. (Case No. 03-CV-02140 BEN) (Southern District of California)–Handled class action lawsuit against 24 Hour Fitness resulting in a settlement of $38 million on behalf of the class members.
• Successfully prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications and office action responses before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Representative clients include Google, Apple, Adobe, Fuji, Xerox, BEA Systems, Oracle, and Tele Atlas.
SUCCESSFUL PATENT PROSECUTION & ACQUISITION EXAMPLES
- 2010 Firm receives high AV rating based on client satisfaction
- U.S. Patent No. 7,488,970: Semiconductor, issued 2/10/2009
- U.S. Patent No. D575,300: Image for digital camera, issued 8/19/2008
- U.S. Patent No. 7,216,249: Clock generation system, issued 5/8/2007
- U.S. Patent No. 7,297,867: Solar battery module, issued 1/20/2007
- U.S. Patent No. 7,056,276: Catheter, radiation therapy , issued 6/6/2006
- U.S. Patent No. 6,945,008: Packaging system with improved flow of articles, issued 9/20/2005
- U.S. Patent No. 6,706,813: Curable composition, issued 3/16/2004
- U.S. Patent No. 7,879,469: Ferrite Magnet Material…, issued 02/1/2011
- U.S. Patent No. D632,844: Electric Threader For…, issued 02-15-2011
- U.S. Patent No. 7,919,007: Ferrite Magnetic Material, issued 04-05-2011
- U.S. Patent No. D635,908: Wheel Spoke Rim, issued 4/12/2011
- U.S. Patent No. 7,954,489: Waterproof Structure…, issued 06-07-2011
- U.S. Patent No. 7,955,442: Method For Producing…, issued 06-07-2011
- U.S. Patent No. D641,105: Fingernail Polish Curing Lamp, issued 07-05-2011
- U.S. Patent No. 7,992,227: Frame Structure Of Lenses, issued 08-09-2011
- U.S. Patent No. D643,576: Fingernail Polish Curing…, issued 08-16-2011
- U.S. Patent No. 8,029,517: Epilation Device, issued 10-04-2011
- U.S. Patent No. 8,092,416: Device And Method For Connecting…, issued 01-10-2012