Paul I. Menes
Paul I. Menes is the AV-rated (Preeminent) Co-Head of Entertainment and Media at ADLI Law Group. He provides “Creative Solutions for Creative People”, to his clients in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia.
What are “Creative Solutions”? Bringing his unique background, philosophy, and over 30 years’ experience to our practice. This philosophy sets him apart from other entertainment and media lawyers.
Paul’s background is unique because:
- Paul’s a transactional lawyer with a business mindset. He’s always focused on his clients’ overall, long term objectives, not just on the individual transactions or matters that are only a part of them. This business mindset comes in part from Paul’s practical experience on the business and creative side of entertainment and media projects. He understands how the delicate balance between these elements needs to be accommodated in a deal/contract.
- He was a business, copyright, and trademark litigator for over fifteen years. This taught him what can go wrong with contracts and ways to prevent it.
- Paul’s always represented clients in many facets of an industry. So, he has a global view and unique understanding of how all the moving parts of a deal need to interact for a client to be successful in it and how to structure, write and negotiate deals accordingly.
To see Paul’s Philosophy click HERE
What are “Creative People”? Any person or company involved in any type of transactional entertainment (in music, TV film, radio and online, for artists, creators, production, licensing, distribution, live events), digital media (such as social media marketing, content and app creation, protection and monetization, online Terms of Service and privacy policies, crowdfunding and companies’ online and mobile portals), and branding and copyright in all manner of business endeavors.
Prior to joining ADLI Law Group, Paul was principal attorney at his own practice, Menes Entertainment and Media Law, as well as a name partner or principal in other firms.
Paul is a member of the California, Los Angeles County, and Beverly Hills Bar Associations, and speaks, writes and is interviewed or quoted often. Examples include Entertainment Law and Finance, The Financial Times, The Knowledge Group, MUSEXPO, L.A. Times, Associated Press, Digital Music News, and several law schools, legal and business conferences.
To access Paul’s Just Sayin’ . . . TM blog click here!
Areas of Practice:
• Digital Media Law
• Entertainment Law
• Branding and Trademark Law
• Copyright Law
• Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1980
• University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1976
Awards & Honors:
•Individual Award – Creative Lawyer of the Year in California, US – Corporate INTL Global Awards 2017